Do you know if you are an alcoholic? Have people told you you need to stop drinking? Have you hurt someone while drunk? If so then open this up! Even if you are not an alcoholic open it up anyway and share this with friends and family that might be alcoholics. After all it could save someone’s life.
- After work you go down to the bar to have a mere 3 beers. But if you get there early you say you might as well have an extra one.
- Your son or daughter has gotten hurt after you got home from a party or a night drinking.
- You have had 2 or more DUI’s.
- You can’t remember the last time you had a soda or water instead of a beer at a restaurant.
- You have five or more different types of beer in the fridge at all times, and you refill the fridge every few weeks.
- You have called in sick to work multiple times because of a hangover.
- People laugh at you and say you have done some crazy things. When you have no idea what they are talking about.
- Someone has told you multiple times to cut down on the alcohol consumption, and you tell them “I can stop whenever I want”.
- You say you drink because you are “bored”.
- You opened up this article thinking “Hmm lets see If I am an alcoholic, like all my friends think I am”.
My friends, If 5 or more of these things relates to you then you are probably an alcoholic. I bet if you are an alcoholic you probably already no it. There are ways to stop If you want:
- Have some friends that you trust take all the beer out of your refrigerator.
- When you go to a bar or restaurant don’t go alone. So you can cut down maybe a beer or two to start, and have a soda instead. Your friend could remind you if you forget. That’s what friends are for. To help you in times like this.
- Also, listen to someone when they tell you that you have a problem, because they are probably trying to help.
- Tell your kids to not end up like you and teach them what being an alcoholic can do to you.