Peppermint is more than just a holiday candy. The oil can be used for multiple things that are both medicinal and edible.
Peppermint is typically associated with the holidays, but the oil can be used every day of the year.
- Put 5-6 drops of peppermint oil in the tub or shower before you start the water. The scent revives you and clears your head for a long day.
- If you get bad headaches, put a few drops of Peppermint Oil on a cold, wet washcloth and place over your eyes. The cold and smell relaxes your senses. Make sure the oil doesn’t get into your eyes.
- Add a few drops of Peppermint Oil to white chocolate before you heat the chocolate. Then dip pretzels in the hot chocolate. A great treat!
- One drop of peppermint oil in a cup of herbal tea helps digestion and has been known to ease heartburn
- Buy unscented body cream and add a few drops of peppermint oil. It becomes a wonderful cream to massage with.
- Inhale peppermint oil at your lowest point in the day. It will revive your energy.
- Place a few drops of peppermint oil on an oil burner and increase the energy in the room
- Drop a bit of peppermint oil in a footbath with rolling water to aid in relieving tired feet
- Add 2-3 drops of peppermint oil to a dry washcloth. Put the washcloth in the dryer with your clothes.
- You can make your own massage oil by adding 4-5 drops of peppermint oil to every 1 oz. of skin approved vegetable oil.