Using mint in medicine is an ancient one. It has been in use for the last 2000 years. It was widely used by the Greeks, Romans and the doctors of China and Japan. The wonderful medicinal uses of mint are.
- Decoction made with mint leaves cures all stomach ailments including indigestion
- Boil few mint leaves in milk; add sugar to it and drink it when you have stomachache
- Apply mint juice to acne every night and wash it with cold water early in the morning. This remedy works for dry skin also.
- Add some salt to mint decoction and gargle with it to get relief from sore throat.
- Apply mint juice on skin affected by Eczema, Scabies and Dermatitis
- Mix 5 teaspoons lemon juice and 2 teaspoons honey in a ¼ cup mint juice to get relief from acidity, thread worms and Diarrhea.
- Mint tea relieves from menstrual cramps and heavy menstruation
- According to traditional medicine mint is a contraceptive. Taking ½ teaspoon mint powder with water 10 minutes before intercourse prevents pregnancy.
- Taking mint juice at night before going to bed induces restful sleep
- Taking mint tea half an hour before meals stimulates appetite
- Infusion made with mint leaves is useful for cold, flu, hiccups and flatulence
- Keep your breath fresh by chewing some mint leaves
- Mint cures from dog bites, scorpion and beestings
- Mint has an excellent wound healing properties
- Infusion of mint is good for hypertonic diseases, atherosclerosis, and kidney and liver diseases