The powdered pepper fruits are used in promoting a healthy appetite.The cause of indigestion is said to be a lack of heat in the stomach and peppers and gingers are used to correct poor digestion.For this purpose, tea from chili pepper is brewed.People who suffer from rheumatism or arthritis can get some relief from a potion made by soaking one cup of crushed chili pepper fruits (ripe)in a cup of vinegar.
Medicinal Uses of Chili Pepper “Siling Labuyo”
1. The powdered pepper fruits are used in promoting a healthy appetite.
2. The cause of indigestion is said to be a lack of heat in the stomach and peppers and gingers are used to correct poor digestion.For this purpose, tea from chili pepper is brewed. Boil one pint of water; turn off heat and add one half teaspoon of chili pepper powder or one medium chili pepper fruit, crushed, and one table spoon of chopped up ginger. Cover the pot and let it sit for twenty minutes where it can stay hot but not boiling (boiling destroys ginger’s volatile oils.) Drink half of the amount of the tea and if you still need it, drink the rest an hour later. You may add a little honey and/or lemon juice. Take the same tea when you feel a cold coming on. It will clear away congestion and minimize the nastiness of fever, tearfulness, chills and sniffles associated with colds and flu.
3. People who suffer from rheumatism or arthritis can get some relief from a potion made by soaking one cup of crushed chili pepper fruits (ripe)in a cup of vinegar. Warm the vinegar quickly to just below the boiling point on a very hot fire(so all the active ingredients do not evaporate), then add the crushed chili pepper fruits. Place the solution immediately in a wide mouth jar and close the cap tightly. Let this mixture cool. Use it after twelve hours have passed. A lower but more complete and potent extraction takes place if you combine the same ingredients at the room temperature and simply shake the tightly sealed jar everyday for ten days and then pour off the liquid and rub into the affected area. This tincture of chili pepper stimulates the circulation of whatever body parts it touches. A few drops in tea or salad dressing will promote circulation. But don’t touch your eyes or your lips with hands that have been touching this tincture or you’ll feel very uncomfortable.
4. When used as condiment, it rouses the appetite and dispel the gas formed in the alimentary canal.
5. The lotion formed in the chili pepper fruits is applied against the ringworm.
Spiritual Healing Links:
Matthew 4:23 (New International Version) Jesus Heals the Sick
23Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.
James 5:16 (New International Version)
16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
Philippine Herbs (Medicinal Plants for Barangay Herbal Garden), Editha M. Alcodia and Rolando E. Cabanting, R. Obed’s Enterprises, Philippines 1996