The roots are prepared as poultice for local inflammations or swellings.Leaves are crushed or pounded and placed over boils and ulcers.Leaves are also prepared as mild laxative for pregnant women.
Medicinal Uses of Malabar Night Shade “Alugbati”
1. The roots are prepared as poultice for local inflammations or swellings.
2. Leaves are crushed or pounded and placed over boils and ulcers.
3. Leaves are also prepared as mild laxative for pregnant women.
Nutritive Values of Malabar Night Shade “alugbati”
1. The young, fleshy and delectable leaves are usually cooked with other vegetables or with fish and meat.
2. The leaves are rich in food value, especially in minerals and vitamins.
Malabar Night Shade is a twining. Herbaceous vine which grows to several meters in length. It has luxuriant, succulent, heart shaped edible leaves growing on green purplish stems. It bears small flowers and fruits. The flowers are pinkish.
Spiritual Healing LInks:
Matthew 4:23 (New International Version) Jesus Heals the Sick
23Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.
James 5:16 (New International Version)
16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
Philippine Herbs (Medicinal Plants for Barangay Herbal Garden), Editha M. Alcodia and Rolando E. Cabanting, R. Obed’s Enterprises, Philippines 1996