Mango tea counteracts nose inflammation and mucus membranes during cough and other bronchial tube diseases, dewormer.Compress mango leaves alleviates bumps and bruises of the bronchial tubes.Bark is used against rheumatism.Boiled roots stimulate diuretic reaction.Fruit is laxative.Seed is deworming agent.Dried flowers can be used to treat diarrhea and dysentery.Mango’s gum or resin can be applied to cure scabies and other skin diseases.
Medicinal Uses of Mango
1. Tea can be made from the leaves of mango tree. This beverage counteracts the inflammation of the nose and mucus membranes during a cough, and other diseases of the bronchial tubes.
2. The same tea can be used for deworming.
3. A compress of mango leaves alleviates bumps and bruises of the bronchial tubes.
4. The bark is used in the preparation of the hot lotion for rheumatism.
5. Drinking the solution from boiled roots can stimulate a diuretic reaction.
6. The ripe mango fruit is laxative.
7. The seed can be prepared as deworming agent.
8. The dried flowers may be boiled or powdered and can be used in the treatment of diarrhea and dysentery.
9. Scabies and other skin diseases caused by parasitic bacteria or fungi may be cured by the application of the mango’s gum resin mixed with
Nutritive Value of Mango
1. The ripe mango fruit is usually eaten as a desert. It can be preserved into jelly, jam, chutney, marmalade and vinegar.
2. The green fruit may be eaten as is with “bago-ong” or salt. It is also made into pickles.
3. The green “Manila Super” mango contain 135 International Units of vitamin A and 65 milligram of vitamin C; if ripe 4,225 International Units and 37 milligrams.
Spiritual Healing Links:
Matthew 4:23 (New International Version) Jesus Heals the Sick
23Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.
James 5:16 (New International Version)
16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
Philippine Herbs (Medicinal Plants for Barangay Herbal Garden), Editha M. Alcodia and Rolando E. Cabanting, R. Obed’s Enterprises, Philippines 1996