Ripe fruit is a remedy for a diabetes.The solution formed by boiling the bark of the trunk in water is a remedy for dysentery.The fresh latex from the fruits is good for abscesses.The dried latex when applied expels intestinal worms.
Medicinal Uses of Star Apple “Kaimito”
1. Ripe fruit is a remedy for a diabetes.
2. The solution formed by boiling the bark of the trunk in water is a remedy for dysentery.
3. The fresh latex from the fruits is good for abscesses.
4. The dried latex when applied expels intestinal worms.
Nutritive Value of Star Apple “Kaimito”
1. The ripe caimito fruit is eaten as a dessert. Its flavor may be enhanced by mixing the white pulp with milk and sugar.
The Star Apple “kaimito” fruit has a thin skin which covers a whitish, edible pulp. When ripe, this pulp is soft and contains a small amount of milky juice. There are five to six, sometimes nine seeds found in one fruit. The color of the seeds are very dark brown, almost black. The seed has a mild, pleasant taste.
The Star apple tree is an attractive tree reaching a height of about fifteen meters. It grows well in the Philippines even when the dry season is pronounced.
Spiritual Healing LInks:
Matthew 4:23 (New International Version) Jesus Heals the Sick
23Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.
James 5:16 (New International Version)
16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
Philippine Herbs (Medicinal Plants for Barangay Herbal Garden), Editha M. Alcodia and Rolando E. Cabanting, R. Obed’s Enterprises, Philippines 1996