Ayurveda is an ancient system of health care, originated and practiced in India, which provides precise guidelines to protect life. It treats human life in all aspects including successful sex life.
Sex, according to Ayurveda, is as essential as food and sleep for human life. It is the urge for the most needed biological drive. Ayurveda strongly says that human sex is not merely a physical mating but is the union of two bodies, minds and souls.
Sexual Health Most Essential
Ayurveda believes that sexual health is the most essential one for the individual health as well as the health of the society. Hence this medical science includes healthy living along with preventive and therapeutic measures related to physical, mental, social and spiritual harmony. There is a separate wing in Ayurveda which gives a systematic description of medicine or therapy called Vajikarana or Virility Therapy through which sex becomes most successful and fully satisfactory.
Ayurvedic Sex of Body , Mind and Soul
Ayurvedic sex aims at the union of the body – mind – soul complex. Ayur-veda means a divine science of life and the fundamental basis is that Ayurveda considers male virility a very stronghold of sex. It gives such an importance to male virility that it says optimal sexual performance of the male partner is a prerequisite for conjugal happiness and harmony .This sexual relationship is a sensitive phenomenon of life which can easily be disrupted by the psychological and physiological factors. Hence it becomes quite essential and natural that a common man in a family must adopt the perfect amalgamation of Ayurveda and sex to practice blissful sex act following the Ayurveda concept of vigor and vitality.
Kamasutra the Kernel of Ayurvedic Sex
Kamasutra, another ancient science of love and love making describes in detail a variety of factors involved in practicing safe and fulfilling sex and forms a vital part of Ayurveda. The principles of Kamasutra are given importance in the Ayurvedic branch of treatment called Vajikarana Chikitsa (Aphrodisiac Treatment). It is part of ashtanga or eight principle branches of Ayurveda. Removing the imbalances of three doshas or humors(vata, pitta, kapha) are preceded by Vajikarana Chikitsa (aphrodisiac therapy).
Ten Crucial Points of Ayurveda Sex to be Kept in Mind
1) Sex is an integral part of our life and daily habits (Dinacharya).
2) The ideal time for sex intimacy is night and after two hours of dinner since it is the time of kapha humor.
3) When the sexual union is absolutely satisfying , developed over time, it bestows the couple with health and vitality.
4) Involving each other physically, emotionally and spiritually in the sexual intimacy can only give each of he partner the best results.
5) All the five senses should be involved in sex as touch, smell, food, music and ambience play a vital role in developing, increasing and prolonging intimacy.
6) Perverted or unsatisfying sex has adverse effects on mental and physical health, as it aggravates the vital energies or humors(doshas) and reduces immunity. When the vata humor is aggravated, it will make you more emotionally vulnerable and fear-prone; when pitta is aggravated, it will move you to anger and even frustration; and when kapha is increased, it will make you more possessive.
7) The frequency of sex depends on the constitution of he body and seasons of nature. Generally kapha type people, who possess more stamina than others, indulge in sex more frequently than the vata and pitta type people.
8) Vata type people might find satisfaction in changing partners. Pitta type people are usually in quest for more intensity I sex as it is difficult to quench their desire.
9) Ayurveda suggests foods such as milk, meat soup and boiled rice along with ghee, oil, meat juice, sugar and honey facilitate the treatment. It gives more emphasis is placed to relaxed, cheerful and contented mindset.
10) Use of Ayurveda medication (aphrodisiac supplements) can instantly induce sexual pleasure and excitement, increase sexual stamina and promote fertile seminal secretions. But Ayurveda strictly forbids misuse of sex in any way since misuse of the same may open up a deluge of emotional and psychological complications.