Arabic or Islamic system of medicine has contributed a lot for human health and well-being. The properties of fenugreek as described in the Arabic medicinal literature are given below. In India, fenugreek is used in almost every curry recipe.
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum): Fenugreek is called Hilbeh in Arabic.
- Fenugreek is considered to be the best medicine for diabetes.
- Diabetes can be cured in few days when fenugreek, neem leaf and Jambul seeds are powdered and consumed twice a day.
- Five grams of fenugreek boiled in milk can help lactating mothers to secrete a good quantity of breast milk.
- Wounds in the pubic area can be cured by applying a paste of fenugreek.
- Intake of fenugreek boiled in water can say bye to Chest phlegm.
- Consumption of sun dried fenugreek along with honey can be a good remedy for urinary problems and coughs.
- Fenugreek can be a treatment for excess bleeding during menstrual cycles.
Chewing fenugreek soaked in water every day can cure diabetes and many other disorders and keep the life healthy.