Six types of food for a radiant and youthful skin.
While we are constantly bombarded by environmental factors such as pollution, strong UV rays and free radicals that damage healthy cells and increase the rate of aging, we should start by taking good care of our health and our skin by eating well. It is important to incorporate more antioxidants into our daily diet with simple things like drinking green tea and consuming more fruits and vegetables.
Here are six types of foods that can help to brighten and clarify your complexion:
- Low-fat dairy products have loads of vitamin A. Yogurt is especially helpful as it has live bacteria to normalize digestion.
- Whole-meal bread and cereals are rich in selenium, a mineral that reduces sun damage for a fairer and more youthful skin.
- Water brings nutrients the skin needs and helps to flush out toxins, leaving skin more radiant and hydrated.
- Green Tea has polyphenols which have anti-inflammatory powers to protect cells.
- Strawberries, blueberries and plums are all wonderful antioxidants that stave off premature aging and reduce sun damage, so skin stays spot-free for a longer time.
- Walnuts are high in essential fatty acids needed to keep cells healthy, and skin plumper with less fine lines.
For skin that glows naturally, make the above part of your beauty regimen today and feel the difference.