With an uncommon name like "chaya", you are not likely to find it in your local vegetable stand, yet this plant holds more than a healthy promise to make you feel unbelievably good all over.
Nature’s garden is filled with common plants with extraordinary health benefits . The Chaya plant however seem to stand out in a class of its own. A perennial shrub from the Yucatan peninsula of Mexico, the Chaya plant is commonly called the spinach tree.
What makes this vegetable unique is that it is not only a staple diet in pre-columbian times of the Mayan and Aztec cultures, research findings by the Mexican institute of nutrition continues to portray it as a “ cure all”. A closer look at all of these benefits reveal that they are beneficial for all of our body’s systems. This is truly a generous gesture from just one plant that is both food and medicine.
Considering the acclaimed benefits of vegetables generally, it is not surprising that ‘Chaya” is believed to be a miracle plant.. It contains ten times more vitamins and minerals than most other vegetables and more nutritious than alfalfa. Below are a few.
- COLON CLEANSE- good health begins in the colon, so any benefit here is good for the whole body.
- REDUCE HEMORRHOIDS- lack of regularity is the primary cause of constipation and other digestive disorders like hemorrhoids.
- INCREASES CALCIUM CONTENT OF BONES- vegetable sources of calcium are better absorped by the body.
- STIMULATE CIRCULATION- better circulation means better mobility and less risk for cardiovascular problems.
- CONTROLS BLOOD SUGAR- control of diabetes naturally is far more beneficial than the use of drugs.
- IMPROVES DIGESTION- improved digestion ensures better metabolism and weight control
- IMPROVES MEMORY AND BRAIN POWER-improving brain health through nutritious vegetables is much safer .
- STIMULATES LIVER FUNCTION – this is the body’s clearing house which helps to detoxify toxins from the body.It is thus more important to exclude more chemical substances to improve its function. An added benefit for better liver function is clearer skin.
- REDUCE ARTHRITIC SYMPTOMS- the dangerous side effects of excessive use of pain killers can be avoided by substituting with chaya.
- IMPROVE THYROID FUNCTION- means better metabolism and consequently less battle with weight control.
- DE CONGEST COUGHS cuts the incidence of drowsiness caused by decongestant drugs.
- DISINFECTS LUNGS- from environmental pollution and cigarettes smoke.
- PREVENTS ANEMIA- replaces iron in iron deficiency anemia.
Go on look for Chaya in specialised stores like the Mexican grocers and begin to enjoy better health from nature’s garden.