The decoction of the whole plant is recommended to relieve colds, headaches, inflamed respiratory tracts and also for bronchitis, whooping cough, boils, accumulation of pus, swellings and rheumatism.
(Chrysanthemum indicum) Chrysanthemum is an erect, hairy, whitish herb. It is a perennial, aromatic plant which grows to about 60 cm. high. The leaves are sharply toothed, ovate-oblon, with 2 or 3 lobes on each side. Flowers are borne in white, purple, yellow and other colored heads. The disc florets are numerous. The fruit is very small, somewhat compressed and grooved. This plant is widely cultivated for ornamental purposes.
Parts Used: Whole plant
- Relieves colds, headaches and inflamed respiratory tracts
- Can be used for bronchitis, whooping cough, boils, accumulation of pus in tissues, swellings and rheumatism
- For the treatment of intermittent fevers, hysteria and painful menstrual flow
- For hypertension
- To expel gases, flatulence, and griping pains from stomach and bowel
- As a sedative
- Gives tone and vitality to the body
- Against fungal infection
- For abdominal pains
How to Use
- The decoction of the whole plant is recommended to relieve colds, headaches, inflamed respiratory tracts and also for bronchitis, whooping cough, boils, accumulation of pus, swellings and rheumatism.
- The infusion of the flowers is good for intermittent fevers, hysteria, and painful menstrual flow.
- The tea made from the flowers expels gases, flatulence, pain in the stomach and bowels; also acts as a sedative and tonic.
- The oil is applied locally in fungal infected areas, and also for abdominal pains.
To know more on how to prepare and use herbs, visit How to Use Plant Material as Medicine
More Articles From Giftarist
Hibiscus Medicinal Uses
Cat’s Whiskers Medicinal Uses
Sunflower Medicinal Uses
Strawberry Medicinal Uses
Broccoli Medicinal Uses
Grapefruit Medicinal Uses
Okra (Lady’s Finger) Medicinal Uses
Publish an article and earn, click here
Earn through data entry jobs, click here
Earn by writing articles, click here
Earn by reading articles, click here