Before reaching out for medication and sleeping pills, change diet and switch to healthy menu.
With proper nutrition you will sleep better and longer, achieve mental stability and get rid of digestive problems.
It is no secret that there is an increasing number of people who suffer from sleep disorders and insomnia. But, before you reach for medication or sleeping pills, try changing your diet and choose healthy menu.
Wise food choices can improve your sleep, attain mental stability and make you get rid of indigestion.
- Peas and other legumes are rich in vitamins B group, vitamins B6 and B12. They help to regulate cycles of sleep and hormone secretion of serotonin that ensures the proper functioning of fine muscle contractions, regulates temperature, appetite, pain sensation, behavior, blood pressure and breathing. When it is in balance, it makes a feeling of satisfaction and mental relaxation.
- Spinach is an easily digestible food with low energy value enriched with vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, chlorophyll and water.
- Magnesium is essential for body health, and is required for muscle and heart. It stimulates the secretion of water from the body, thus facilitating the functioning of the kidneys and heart, lowers blood pressure, supports the work of the pancreas and digestion.
- Potassium can be found in fresh fruits, vegetables and dairy products, fish and grains.
- Healthy fats found in salmon and herring increase levels of melatonin, a hormone that helps to establish a balanced sleep habits and mental tranquility, which regulates sleep.
Following these simple rules, you will notice the difference-healthy food always works for your body!
Cover of Sleep Better