Exercises to build the muscles are very important if you would avoid back trouble. Here are several which will strengthen the back.
Exercises to build the muscles are very important if you would avoid back trouble. Here are several which will strengthen the back:
- Do press-ups. (These are half a push-up.) Lie on the floor/mat, on your stomach. Keep your pelvis flat on the floor and push up with your hands, arching your back as you lift your shoulders off the floor. This will help strengthen your lower back.
- Do floor swimming. Lie on your stomach on the floor. Raise your left arm and right leg. Hold for one second; then alternate with the right arm and left leg. Go back and forth. This extends and strengthens the lower back.
- Do a crunch sit-up. Lie on your back on the floor, with knees flexed and fleet fat on the floor. Cross your arms with your hands on your shoulders. Raise your head and shoulders off the floor as high as you can while keeping your lower back on the floor. Hold for two seconds; then repeat.
- Lean over exercise. Sit in a chair and lean forward until pain is felt; breathe out and slowly lean farther, stretching muscles further.
- Knee pulls. Sit in a straight-backed chair. Lift your right knee, clasp it in both hands, and pull it as close to your chest as possible. Exhale deeply as you feel tension or mild pain in your back. Repeat with the left leg. Do several repetitions. / Do the same exercise while lying on floor, but pulling both knees up at the same time.
- Reverse ankle pull. Stand behind a straight-backed chair. Bring your right ankle up behind you, grasp it with your right hand, and gently but firmly pull upward toward your back so your thigh muscles stretch. Exhale as you pull. Do the same with the other leg.
- Know your limit when exercising. If you feel fine 1-2 days after such exercises, then it is safe to continue them at the same intensity.
- Give yourself a back rub. With or without some oil on your hands, stroke gently along the tops of your shoulders and up and down your back. If you feel areas that are tight, rub around and press into those tight spots. This will relieve tension and stiffness in your lower back.
More Articles From Giftarist
Preventing Back Problems
Natural Home Remedies for Backache in Pregnancy
Prevent Computer Eyestrain
Facts About The Skin
Treating Muscle Cramps
Treating Muscle Strain
Natural Remedies for Foot Aches
Want to earn money by writing articles, Sign up and earn now
Want to have extra income just by reading articles, Click here
Want to have extra income just by viewing ads, Click here
Want to have extra income just by inviting friends, Click here