Jakarta, rainy weather and cool people will be more susceptible to colds and coughs. Flu and cough is often accompanied by sore throat that make them feel uncomfortable. Here’s how to relieve symptoms of strep throat caused.
Sore throat can have many causes, but whatever the cause at least want to immediately relieve the symptoms so as not to interfere with daily activities.
Some causes of pain or sore throat, among others:
Including the virus that causes mononucleosis and the flu. Some viruses can also produce blisters in the mouth and throat (aphthous stomatitis).
2. Breathing through the mouth or smoking can result in dryness and sore throat.
3. Sinus drainage (post nasal drip)
4. Bacterial infections
The two most common bacterial cause of sore throat are Streptococcus, which causes strep throat and Arcanobacterium haemolyticum. Arcanobacterium causes sore throats mainly in adolescents and is sometimes associated with a fine red rash.
5. Sore throat appears after treatment with antibiotics, chemotherapy, or immune compromising other drugs may be due to the fungus Candida, a condition known as thrush.
6. Sore throat that lasts for more than 2 weeks can be a sign of serious illness, such as throat cancer or AIDS.
Some ways to relieve sore throat as quoted by WebMD, Tuesday (13/12/2011), among others:
1. Gargle with warm salt water to help reduce swelling and relieve discomfort
a. Gargle at least once every hour with 1 or about 5 teaspoons of salt dissolved in 240 ml of warm water.
b. If you have postnasal drip, gargle often better to prevent throat irritation is more severe.
2. Preventing dehydration
Fluid secretion and can help relieve irritated throat. Food or beverages with a liquid or sauce warm, like tea or soup, may help reduce throat irritation.
3. Use a vaporizer or humidifier in the bedroom
Warm or cool mist may help a person feel more comfortable. It can also relieve hoarseness. But do not let the bedroom become uncomfortable, that is to be cold or very humid.
4. Do not smoke or use other tobacco products and avoid secondhand smoke.
5. If you suspect that problems with stomach acid can cause sore throat, then immediately consult a doctor.
The use of drugs to relieve sore throat, among others:
1. Use lozenges without a prescription counter
a. Some lozenges lozenges without a prescription, such as Sucrets Maximum Strength or Spec-T, is safe and effective.
b. The use of cough drops on a regular basis can also help.
2. Use decongestants
Decongestants make breathing easier by shrinking swollen mucous membranes in the nose, allowing air to pass through. Decongestan also help relieve runny nose and postnasal drip, which can cause sore throat.
Decongestants can be taken by mouth (orally) or use a decongestant nasal spray. Oral decongestants (pills) may be more effective and provide assistance, but can cause more side effects.
These medicines may not be safe for children or for people who have certain health problems. So before using the medication without a prescription is available in the market, check the label first. If using a medication, always follow the dosage instructions on the basis of age and instructions in some cases severe.