By 1Arjun on February 25th, 2011
Tips to help stay Sharp mentaly.
- Doing any sort of exercise for at least thirty minutes a study is great for long term health of the brain.
- Giving your body proper rest by sleeping enough. It helps in improving the Cognitive functions of the brain.
- Eating Low GI foods provide a steady supply of energy to the brain. – Whole Grain foods, Oats, Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice.
- Consuming too few calories is also detrimental for the proper working of the brain. So Dieting or fasting may not be a great idea for the brain.
- Coffee has been shown to have protective properties for the brain.
- Omega 3 foods act as brain boosters. They result in increased learning ability, problem-solving skills, focus, memory, and communication between cells.
- Beat Stress off by chilling out. Constant stress and tension takes a heavy toll on our mind work.
Read more in Conditions and Diseases
- Brain Games – Solving Puzzles, Crosswords help keep your brain ticking.