Stretchmark products you can purchase online or in store.
Stretch marks (also referred to as striae distensae) are the result of an increased level of circulating glucocorticoids throughout the bloodstream. This hormone, secreted by the adrenal glands (they lie on top of the kidneys), becomes elevated during pregnancy, adolescence, with obesity, weight lifting and Cushing’s disease.
There are many stretch mark products out there. Both men and women get stretch marks. It could happen if you gain weight quickly, or if you’re pregnant. It can happen under the arms, abdomen, buttocks, hips, thighs and chest area.
Some products you can use over the counter are:
- Clarin’s Stretch mark control
- Bump Gloss Stretch mark oil from The Spoiled Mama
- Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy
- Cellex-C High Potency Serum
- Prescription .1% Tretinoin (Retin-A .1% cream or gel)
- Afirm 3X
- DERMAdoctor Poetry in Lotion intensive retinol 1.0
- Laser treatment (585-nm pulsed dye laser)
TriLastin SR – has collagen infused microspheres that penetrate the skin’s surface and repairs the deeper damaged skin cells that are causing the stretch marks.
StriVectin-SD – has peptides that stimulate collagen production and helps to repair the damaged skin cells that cause stretch marks.