Down Syndrome due to a disturbance in the chromosome-21. humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes. But in children with Down syndrome, those with the chromosome-21 is a pair (two), but three chromosomes (trisomy). So in other words Down syndrome is a genetic disorder.
Down Syndrome due to a disturbance in the chromosome-21. humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes. But in children with Down syndrome, those with the chromosome-21 is a pair (two), but three chromosomes (trisomy). So in other words Down syndrome is a genetic disorder. The total number of chromosomes reach 47 units. As a result, there was a disturbance in the cell’s metabolic system.
Sexual intercourse (coitus) is performed when one spouse or partner of stress, can produce offspring (children) who would suffer from Down syndrome. The hypothesis is expressed by expert Dr disease down syndrome. By the time coitus or sexual intercourse conception is possible. However, if sex is done in conditions of stress, at the time of fertilization process of chromosome division occur imperfectly. Normally, humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes. In people with Down syndrome, chromosome number 21 divides into three parts (trisomy). Whereas in the normal mutation, the chromosomes should be split into two parts, “he said.
In addition to stress, giving birth at older ages could also lead to a child who was born suffering from Down syndrome. Gene mutations at the time of sperm and ovum meet, causing the affected Down syndrome conception.
1. The back of the flat head (flattening of the back of the head),
2. Slanted eyes because of the extra folds of skin along the eyelid,
3. Slanting eyebrows (slanting of the eyelids),
4. The ears are smaller, so susceptible to infection
5. Small mouth, tongue thick and the base of the inclined shallow mouth. In addition, their mouth muscles are also often weak, thus inhibiting the ability to speak. Growth of their teeth grow too slow and irregular. A broken tooth is also difficult for the permanent dentition.
6. Soft muscle,
7. Joints loose (loose ligaments),
8. Little hand pinkie knuckle sometimes grow Meiring or no at all
9. In the palm of their hands are transverse called simian crease
10. The feet are small, there is also a simian crease on their feet, which is the index finger and thumb that tend to be far away from the foot of a normal person. State of the index finger and thumb apart also sandal foot is called.
11. Their noses tend to be smaller and flatter. It not infrequently followed by the small airways as well, so they often have difficulty breathing
12. Their hair was limp, thin, and rarely
When pregnant, she had never felt something was wrong with her pregnancy. After a few months of birth, he realized something was wrong with her daughter. At the age of seven months, with the other babies have started to sit down, he could not even stomach. Her mother was surprised, but due to a lack of knowledge, this situation is left alone.
Reach 1 in 1000 births. In the United States, each year 3000 to 5000 children born with this disorder. While in Indonesia the prevalence of more than 300 thousand inhabitants. Maternal age between 35-39 years, then it is likely to bear children with Down syndrome is about 1 in 280