This article gives you easy tips to remove Sunburn, Freckles and Pigmentation from your skin.
Tips to Remove Sunburn, Freckles and Pigmentation
Sunburn,sun spots,freckles and pigmentation are the consequences of prolonged exposure of the skin to strong sunlight.The harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun inevitably leave their impact on our skin.Although sunscreen lotion may work to an extent,those who remain outdoors for long hours due to work or other purposes,tend to develop sun tan.Also,it often happens that even after pimples and acne are cured,the scars remain on the face.With aging,many people develop a blackish hue on their forehead or cheeks which is known as pigmentation.There is no need to worry as there are several ways to make your skin smooth,supple and scar-free.
Steps To Be Followed
- Apply a sunscreen of at least SPF 30 (SPF denotes Sun Protection Factor) 30 minutes before stepping out into the sun.Remember sun damage occurs throughout the year so you need to wear sunscreen even on cloudy days or in winter.Choose a sunscreen that contains Zinc Oxide or Titanium Dioxide as an active ingredient.
- The sensitive area around the eyes is more prone to wrinkles and dark spots,so use an umbrella and sunglasses while you are outdoors.
- Do not rub your skin hard.This not only causes black scars and pigmentation but also other marks on your skin.
- Do not sit for hours on end before the television or the computer.This leads to the development of marks and fine lines on your skin and makes it dull and lifeless.Occasionally get up and splash cold water on your face.
Remedies for curing Sunburned Skin or Scars and Marks
- Grate cucumber and apply its juice to your skin,specially on the sunburned or scarred area.Regular application will lead to a remarkable improvement in lightening the marks and scars.
- Fresh Aloe Vera leaf pulp can be applied to the sunburned area and this will naturally and painlessly heal the skin surface.
Weekly Face Packs
This face pack is suitable for all skin types:
Take 1 tablespoon Red lentils(Masoor dal) and soak it in some milk overnight.In the morning grind the red lentils into a paste.Add to it 1 teaspoon honey,1 teaspoon home-made Yogurt/Curd and 1 teaspoon lime juice.Apply this pack on to your entire face.After 15 minutes when your face is around 90% dried,splash water on your face and using light pressure of your fingertips,massage for 2 minutes in a circular motion.Wash off with cold water.Hidden dirt can be very well removed with this pack.With time the application of this pack will remove ordinary sun tan as well as spots from your face.Your skin will appear bright and glowing.Do this once weekly.
You can opt for this home-made face pack too:
Take cucumber juice and mix it with 2 teaspoons of red lentils grounded into powder form,1 teaspoon almond oil and half a ripe banana.Make this whole thing into a paste.Leave the face pack on for 15 minutes.Then wash off with lukewarm water.This removes sun tan as well as dead cells from your skin.