Quick and easy ways to bump-start your new year’s keep fit plan
1. Walk into town, instead of getting the bus
2. Turn up the stereo and sing along really loud
3. Eat spicy food, the heat actually makes you burn off calories!
5. Drink a glass of cold water before you exercise, you burn up 100 extra calories warming up again
6. Turn the shower on cold for 20 seconds before you get out, that’s another 100 calories or so!
7. Stretch your muscles – toned muscles burn up more energy all the time, even when you’re not doing much
8. Watch a funny film, laughter tones up your stomach muscles and burns up energy
9. Eat celery, if you don’t like the taste of celery, dip it into sauce, watch it soak up, then have flavoured celery!
10. Play tag
11. Take some friends out to the park and have a kick about
12. Take the stairs
13. Have a romantic night in with you partner
15. Go to a gig
16. Go out on the town (just keep those drinks down)
17. Wash the car yourself
18. Do some gardening
19. Rake leaves
20. In the winter…. Shovel snow (or have a snowball fight)
21. Go for a quick swim
22. Try surfing
23. Vary your workout, stop your body getting used to it
24. Breathe through your nose, not your mouth, this regulates your heart rate and ups your endurance
25. Housework! Vaccuming and ironing burns up energy
26. Paint a room
27. Mow the lawn
28. Take a friend’s dog for a walk (or your own, if you’ve got one)
29. Play Frisbee
30. Go bowling
31. Exercise in the advert breaks while watching tv
32. Kiss somebody
33. Take a long phone call standing up
34. Stand on tip-toes while brushing your teeth
35. Wander around when you’re waiting
36. Stop emailing nearby people and go visit them
37. Loose the remote control and get up to channel flick
38. Be immature and play skipping games, jump on the bed, and be silly
39. Get enough sleep. A good night’s rest will help you burn 40% more
40. Clean the windows
41. Drink a glass of water before you eat a meal, you’ll eat less
42. Ride your bike instead of driving
43. Eat slowly, let your food go down, and you’ll eat less
44. Go punk and pogo about!
45. Stretch instead of using kick-stools, and squat instead of kneeling down
46. Fly a kite!
47. Go shopping (window shopping mind you, save your money!)
48. Drink lots of green tea, it ups your metabolism
49. Have a cup of coffee, cut the sugar and have low-fat milk and it will speed your metabolism and flush out your digestive system
50. When you walk, swing your arms, it helps the easy full-body work out!