Exercise doesn’t have to involve jogging and strenuous exercise. You can do regular and useful exercise from your bed.
Just spending five minutes a day from your bed to do some exercise can make a great difference to your health. Try these simple exercises in the morning when you’ve woken up to refresh and stimulate your senses and muscles.
1. Stretching:Sit up in bed and cross your legs. Stretch your arms up towards the ceiling, look up and stretch as if you were trying to touch the ceiling. Gently relax your arms back down and repeat five times.
2. Legs:Swing yourself round so that you are sitting on the bed as if you were getting out with your legs touching the floor. Keep your back straight and lift your legs up slowly, holding onto the side of the bed as you do so. Feel your stomach and leg muscles work. Then relax and lay your legs down. You should do this exercise slowly. Repeat five times.
3. Long legs: Lay your legs out straight on your bed and sit up straight. Stretch your arms up as before and bend down to touch your toes slowly, hold for a second and then slowly bring back your arms and relax. Repeat five times.
4. Arms: Sitting up in bed cross your legs. Stretch your arms up to the ceiling and slowly bring your arms down while keeping them stretched down either side of you, as if you were a flower opening up. Keep your arms outstretched at your sides for a couple of seconds and then relax them. Repeat five times.
5. Lie down: At the end, lie back down on your bed making sure your body is straight. Look up at the ceiling and concentrate on tensing all your muscles by stretching in this position. Then relax and repeat once more.
Doing these exercises will increase the blood flow to different areas of your body and help prepare you for the day. However, please note that these are basic exercises and should still be done in line with recommended active exercise. After completing these exercises you should drink a glass of water.
Then you’ll be ready for another working day.