By Funkstar on October 30th, 2006
Some helpful tips on personal hygiene when handling food in food preparation areas and at home in your own kitchen.
- Wash hands if not wearing gloves at regular intervals.
- Tie back hair, wear a hair net or hat to keep hair from contaminating food.
- Keep finger nails trimmed and scrubbed to prevent the spread of disease.
- Wear shoes that cover the whole foot not thongs or sandals to prevent accidents in the kitchen.
- Wear clean, neat clothing that is not damaged or exposed to the skin and covers arms and legs to help prevent injury if there is an accident.
- Always use clean utensils and never us utensils that have been used for raw food with cooked food.
- Do not smoke near or around food preparation area.
- When washing hands always use a clean towel or paper towel that will only be used once.
- Keep food preparation and cooking area clean and tidy at all times.
- When tasting food always use clean utensils and not your hands to prevent the spread of disease and bacteria.