The human body is truly fascinating. And sometimes disgusting.
1. If you took a block of bone the same size as a matchbox, it could support 9 tonnes of weight! That’s 4 times as much as concrete could.
2. A man’s testicles can produce 10 million sperm every single day. If every one were used, he could repopulate the entire planet in just 6 months!
3. In your lifetime, you will shed about 18kg of skin cells, just by natural flaking away.
4. The muscles that are used to focus your eyes on an object are used about 100,000 times a day. If you wanted to give your legs the same work-out, you’d have to walk 50 miles (80 km) every day!
5. Babies are born without kneecaps, and they don’t appear until 2-6 years later!
6. In the average human lifetime, you will walk the equivalent of 5 times around the equator
7. If you lined up all of the eyelashes you shed over your lifetime end to end, they would stretch a distance of 30 metres!
8. Babies are born with 300 bones, but they fuse together during growth to give 206 bones as an adult.
9. The average human breathes 23,040 times in 24 hours.
10. If you were to collect up all of your spit over a lifetime (although why would you want to?), you could fill 2 large swimming pools with it.