Brief description about Aims of antenatal care.
Aims of antenatal care are
1. to monitor the progress of pregnancy in order to ensure
maternal health and normal fetal development.
2. to recognise the deviation from the normal and provide
management or treatment as required.
3.to ensure that the woman reaches the end of her pregnancy
physically and emotionally prepared for her delivery.
4. to identify high risk pregnancy and for their proper
5.to reduce or prevent maternal and perinatal mortality and
6.to help and support the mother in breast feeding and
7. to offer family welfare advices on parenthood
Antenatal care comprises of:
1. Registration of pregnancy
2. History taking
3. Antenatal examinations [general and obstetrical]
4. Health education