Toothache may be the worst thing which you’ve ever experienced.
Do you really know what the pain is? If you have no experience about toothache, sure that you really don’t know what it is. I got my first toothache four years ago when I was still a mechanical engineering student. I couldn’t sleep four hours. It was the mignight, when I got it. I had nothing to do to lessen the pain. I cried all the night because of my pain. Next day, I went to a dentist and got some medicines. It was the worst pain I have ever experienced. This article informs you what you need to do when you feel a strong pain in your teeth. It can help you on how you can lessen the pain before going to a dentist.
Toothache is commonly caused by tooth decay or bacterial infection which penetrates the root of your tooth. If someone drinks beverages or eats chocolates, this lead up to tooth decay since it causes irritation of root nerves.
Without delay, I would like to list the ways of relieving your toothache.
- To relieve the pain, you can get painkillers like Aspirin and Tylenol. However, do not place them on your tooth directly because it may damage your gum tissue.
- Brush your teeth. Sure that, this will somehow relieve your pain.
- Using dental gels like “Orajel” may ease your pain. In drugstores, there are many gels similar to “Orajel”.
- Rinse out your mouth by salty water because it burns inside your mouth and eases the pain for a while.
- Take some amount of alcohol and pour it on to a piece of cotton wool. Then, put it inside cavity or just on your tooth. This is one of the benefits of alcohol. However, do not use much amount of alcohol because much alcohol may damage your gum tissue.
- If the pain is because of nerves in dental plaque, rinse out your mouth by cold water or use a piece of ice. This, some how, lessens the pain in dental plaque.
- Take some amount of clove oil and pour it on a piece of cotton wool. Then, put it inside cavity or compress just on your tooth. Warm water and clove oil mixture is efficient in alleviating toothache. Clove oil is a potent essential oil which is used by dentists.
Do not forget that all of them are short-term remedies for your pain. Only a dentist can tackle your tooth problem.