Unwanted kit uses two drugs mifepristone, misoprostol and these two drugs are used to terminated unwanted pregnancy.
Caution: Before taking any drug or medicine, consult your doctor first.
What are the contents of unwanted kit?
Mostly these kits contain two main drugs:
- On tablet of Mifepristone drug
- 4 tablets of Misoprostol drug with 200mg dose each.
Unwanted kit should not be taken as contraceptive pills which have some serious side effects. So it’s recommended not to use these kits often.
When to use Unwanted Kit?
It’s not recommended but the unwanted kit should be used before 49 days. It’s not advisable to go for oral abortion after 49 days or consult your doctor about oral abortion if it passes 49 days.
Unwanted kit should be used if the pregnancy is passed 3 or more days.
Is it Safe to use unwanted kit?
Precautions should be there while taking unwanted kit. Medical condition of the patient is important while using this drug. That’s why before taking unwanted kit, doctor consult is advisable.
For what these drugs are used?
- Mifepristone 200mg: its basic purpose is to kill the fetus. You may feel a little contraction in the stomach after taking it or feel like vomiting. In most of the cases bleeding is not seen with this drug.
- Misoprostol 200mg: its basic purpose is to expel the fetus out from the body. With this drug heavy bleeding is seen as it’s used to expel the fetus from the body and in that process heavy bleeding occur.
How to use unwanted kit?
- First take mifepristone 200mg tablet dose with water (Remember not to vomit after taking mifepristone drug). You can have it when you have half empty stomach to avoid vomiting.
- Chew anything like sweet betel or nut to avoid vomiting.
- Wait for 24 hours and then take 2 tablets of misoprostol drug.
- Wait for another 24 hours and then again take 2 tablets of misoprostol drug.
- The course is suggested to end in 72 hours.
When bleeding occur?
Bleeding is mostly seen after you had misoprostol drug. Heavy bleeding is seen after misoprostol drug and can be seen up to 2-3 days. If you are using 2,3 or even 4 pads a day then it’s okay but if it’s more than that consult your doctor immediately.
Nothing happened after taking mifepristone drug?
It’s possible that you won’t feel any contraction in the stomach and no cramps after taking the drug. But don’t worry, the drug mifepristone is working and it’s doing its job.
Unwanted kit side effects?
There are many side effects like nausea, dizziness, headache, cramps, pain, weakness and etc.
Can I take a pain killer when having cramps and pain?
Yea, you can have a pain killer to relief you from pain, but it’s advisable to consult your doctor about the pain killer before taking one.
For how long the bleeding will continue?
Heavy bleeding only last for 2 or 3 days but spotting can be seen for weeks. Generally small clots of blood are there for 2-3 weeks.
When do I have normal mensuration period?
Because of being pregnant and taking unwanted drug, your normal periods are disturbed. They may come back in 1-3 weeks or even in a month later after bleeding is stopped.
What care should be taken after using unwanted kit?
- Take lots of fluids for example juice and other for energy.
- Avoid work.
- Eat healthy fruits like pomegranate and have a plenty of sleep.
- Don’t do any exercise or take tension.
- No swimming and tub bath for at least 2-3 weeks.
- Don’t have intercourse again for at least 3-4 weeks..
Can I be Pregnant again?
Sure, you can be pregnant again but don’t have intercourse just after the course is finished, wait for 3-4 weeks. That will lower your chances to catch vaginal infection.
Am I pregnant again?
After finishing the course, wait for your mensuration period to be sure about your pregnancy or you can consult a doctor.
Can I test after using unwanted kit?
Wait for a month to test again for pregnancy. If you test right after having abortion, the test may indicate false result as HCG count may be still high in your sample. So wait for a month to lower it down.