Foot swelling is the most occurring irritation for pregnancy ladies, the whole feet may swell up, or some parts like the ankles or the shins may swell. Here are some precautions to take care of foot swelling.
Here are some precautions to follow:
- During pregnancy, the pregnancy ladies drink a lot of water. The water will expel all the toxic fluids of the body which would otherwise settle in the feet and cause them to swell. Drinking a lot of water could increase the frequency of urination in pregnant women, but that is actually a good sign, as urination is a way to expel the wastes from the body.
- Try this recipe to prevent the swelling of feet. Take two cups of water and add a teaspoonful of palm sugar in it. Add two teaspoons of fennel seeds to it. Boil this mixture, till the volume reduces to half; i.e. only one cupful of water is left. Drink this mixture thrice in a day. It will help protect the feet from getting swollen.
- The most important thing to prevent feet from swelling up during pregnancy is regular exercise is good to choose. Pregnant women tend to reduce their normal activities in the fear that it would harm the fetus.
- Add a few tablespoons of coriander in two cups of water. Boil this mixture till it reduces to half its quantity, i.e. to one cup. Drink this coriander decoction thrice in a day. It will prevent your from swelling of feet during pregnancy. In order to improve the taste, you can add sugar and milk to it, so that it becomes like a herbal tea.
- Choosing hot temperatures are not good during pregnancy. Hot temperatures can reduce the water content of the body, due to which the proportion of the fluids increase proportionately in the body.
- Change your position frequently, while sleeping. Lying in a single position for a long time will increase the pressure on one side of the body and increase the chances of the feet getting swollen up. So it is advised change your position often.
- Avoid remaining in a standing position for long periods of time. This gives direct access for the fluids to enter into the lower parts of the body and cause the feet to swell up.
- When you are pregnant, avoid tight trousers or jeans. This would increase the pressure on the legs.
- During pregnancy, the over-intake of salt is not good; salt must be taken in moderation. The swelling of feet is caused by excessive intake of salty foods.
These are some precautions to prevent foot swelling, during pregnancy. Do follow these precautions and avoid foot swelling.
To know more –