Do you know that Malunggay is loaded with so much vitamins that are needed in our body? It has also medicinal uses which can be used as alternative solutions to skin and health problems.
Do you know that we can get vitamins and nutrition as well as medicinal benefits from malungay? The leaves are not only rich in natural vitamins, they are loaded with 46 natural antioxidants that help control the symptoms of the aging process and improve cardiovascular health.
1. Constipation. At supper time, eat one or two cups of cooked malungay fruit leaves, followed with water. Fiber packed malungay helps easier passing of stool. Drink also lots of water to flush fiber down.
2. Scabies. After bathing, apply juice of freshly pound malungay leaves on the affected skin two times daily. Malungay leaves has vitamin A for skin disorder.
3. As wound wash. Crush fresh malungay leaves enough to apply as poultice on superficial wound to control bleeding. The vitamin K in malungay increases normal blood clotting.
4. Joint pain. Pulverize one cup of roasted malungay seeds. Add a few drops of coconut oil to make an ointment. Apply ointment on the affected area before bedtime or in times of pain. Malungay seeds contain 40% oil which is considered excellent massage oil.
5. Breast milk stimulant. Boil young malungay leaves. Drink the broth as tea or make soup out of the boiled mixture.
6. As water purifier. Harvest dry seed pods. Remove seed husks. Pulverize whitish kernel. Dilute powder with water then strain on cloth. Pour resulting milky fluid to water. Stir it briskly for 30 seconds, then slowly and regularly for 5 minutes. Cover water and set aside. After an hour you will have clear & purified water. About 50-150 mg of ground malungay seeds treat 1 liter of water, depending on water clearness.