Do you know the benefits of water for your body?
Human body is in need of constant water replenishment. Do you know why?
- The first reason is that our body is composed of 55 to 75% of water. It depends if you are a muscular person or not because muscles hold more water than fat.
- Water also composes the 75% of our brain.
- Helps carry nutrients and oxygen to cells.
- Moistens oxygen for breathing.
- Helps convert food into energy.
- Protects and cushions vital organs.
- Helps body absorb nutrients.
- Removes the waste of the body.
- Makes up 83% of blood and accounts for 22% of bones.
- Regulates body temperature.
- Cushion joints.
The consequence of lack of water in our body is dehydration, the symptoms are: excessive thirst, fatigue, headache, dry mouth, muscle weakness, dizziness, lightheadedness, affect athletic performance, causes dull critical thinking abilities.
One of the rules for drinking water that people use as a guide is usually 8 glasses of water a day, but there are correct hours to maximize the effect of consumption of water in the body:
- 2 glasses of water when you wake up, help you to activate the internal organs.
- 1 glass of water 30 minutes before meal aids digestion.
- 1 glass of water before taking a bath helps lower blood pressure.
- 1 glass of water before going to bed prevents strokes and heart attacks.
You can drink the other glasses of water depending on the factors that influence your water intake like: exercise, environment, illnesses or health conditions, pregnancy or breast feeding.
Keep drinking water, keep your body healthy!