Brushing by a very hot surface makes our skin red and uncomfortable with pain. Table Salt can get rid of the discomfort within 10 to 20 minutes.
Image via Wikipedia
Usually we brush by a very hot surface, we try to pull our hand away from it very quickly, but it is too late. Part of our skin is already turning red, and we could still feel the burning sensation. Our first reaction is to let the cold water from the tap run over it to sooth the pain. But then what?!
How many people placed a hot dish from the oven on the table, then somebody would come along and touch it? I would say at least once, in almost every family.
My grand mother taught me this natural remedy which works every time.
- First of all, DO NOT use this remedy if your skin has peeled off, or have raw and exposed under skin.
- Wet the effected area of the skin with cold water, if you don’t have water around, use your saliva by liking the skin.
- Pour salt on it (Don’t worry, it doesn’t hurt if you still have your skin). The salt should stick to the wet area.
- Make sure the burnt skin is completely covered with a crust of salt (which is suppose to stick on the skin, because it’s wet)
- The burning sensation will begin to diminish slowly after five minutes.
- Leave the salt on for 20 to 25 minutes, then brush it off.
You have to do this within the few minutes after the skin got burnt, or it won’t be as effective if you wait.
The salt absorbs moisture, and will not allow the skin to form puss, and bubble. The pain will disappear within 20 minutes, and the red skin will get back to normal within a day, or so.
I have been using this remedy since I was nine years old. My entire family’s first response to a burn, is to reach for the salt. It is the fastest way to get rid of the burn pain. Try the salt, it works!
Should a Second or a third degree burn happen, where the skin have bubbled or pealed off, the doctor should be consulted to administer the right medications, and antibiotics to prevent an infection. Most of the time a scar will continue to exist after a serious burn has healed.