It can be difficult to tone up and flatten your stomach. There are so many exercises out there that claim to do exactly that, so I have managed to find the best five tummy exercises that will tone up and flatten your stomach.
It can be difficult to tone up and flatten your stomach. There are so many exercises out there that claim to do exactly that, so i have managed to find the best 5 tummy exercises that will tone up and flatten your stomach.
These exercises have an added bonus that you do not to go to a gym to be able to do them. This saves on the cost and also on the embarrassment side as well. It can be very embarrassing going to the gym for the first time and this does prevent many people from going.
1. Walking 3 Times A Week For 30 Minutes:
Walking is one of the best exercises that you can do. It is because when you walk you exercise all of your body and this is what exercising is all about. Believe it or not, walking is very good for flattening the stomach and toning it up because it makes you do cardio exercise. Just remember to warm up beforehand because if you are not used to walking you could injure yourself.
Crunches are done by practically every person that keeps themselves in tip top condition, from athletes and models to your average person that keeps fit. To do this simple exercise:
- Lie on your back and try to bring your feet as close as possible to your bottom. Your knees need to be together.
- Place your hands across your chest and try to relax your neck.
- Next raise your neck slowly off the ground by using only your abdominal muscles.
- Your lower back should remain on the ground.
- Once in position hold it for one second and then breathe out.
- Relax back to the floor and repeat again 10 times and then rest for 60 seconds before doing any more. Beginners should only do one cycle to begin with and everyone should remember to warm up beforehand and cool down afterwards. Only do a sensible amount a week, otherwise you could cause yourself an injury.
3. Sit Ups:
Sit ups are a fantastic way to tone up your stomach muscles. Again these are done by many people that keep themselves in shape. Again remember to warm up beforehand.
- Lie on your back, with your knees bent and ideally with someone else holding your feet. You can always improvise though by putting your feet under furniture or something else like that.
- Put your hands behind your head and pull yourself upwards towards your knees.
- With each elbow touch one knee and then slowly rest back down again.
- Breathe out and do another 9. After this cycle rest for 60 seconds before doing as many more cycles as you would like, within reason. Beginners should only do one cycle to begin with.
4. Scissor Kicks:
Surprisingly enough this exercise is mostly used by post pregnant women who are trying to lose their belly fat. If you think about it within a few months women that have just had babies look fantastic. Some of this is not down to exercise, but some of it is. Try this and see what you think.
- Lie flat on your back with your hands under your buttocks and keep your back pushed to the floor.
- To begin, raise one leg up in the air about 10-12 inches, and slowly lower it down again.
- As you lower the leg, raise the other one up in the air.
- Repeat this 10 times in each cycle and do three cycles to begin with. You can then adjust it to your needs.
5. Torso Twists:
This may seem like quite a simple exercise, but it has been proven that the simplest exercises are the ones we participate most in. To do this exercise:
- Stand with your feet about shoulder width apart.
- Twist to the right and hold in this position for a couple of seconds. To get the most out of this exercise you need to tighten your abdominal muscles whilst you twist.
- Twist to the left and repeat the above.
- Return to the starting position and repeat ten times in each cycle. Do three cycles to start with.
These tummy exercises should help you in your quest for a flatter, more toned stomach.
More Reading By Emmie: