After discovering the poisonous dangers of this so-called beverage, you will never want to drink it, ever again.
When I was a little girl, my family always had some sort of soda beverage in the house. It was a regular staple in our home and I didn’t think twice about it. Nowadays, the more I come to learn and value each moment, the more I spend my time looking for ways to better and improve every aspect of my life. While I still have much to learn, when I do discover that something is toxic to my well-being I’m able to eliminate it cold turkey.
Recently, I couldn’t understand why I was exercising more, eating better and mysteriously not losing any weight or seeming to tone my muscles as rapidly as I have in the past. Then, something clicked in my mind. I remembered that once someone told me how horrible diet sodas were on your system. That actually they cause you to gain weight.
For almost a year, I’ve been steadily increasing my diet coke consumption. First it was once a week, then twice, and suddenly I found myself drinking two cans of diet coke a day. Unknowingly I was undermining all my exercise and diet habits. While the can may display an attractive 0 calorie content, the ingredients and mystery mix was slowly hurting my body with each and every sip.
I conducted research on this unhealthy drink and was shocked by what I found. And since that day, I have not and will not drink another diet coke, ever again. It’s been about a week and I’ve already seen a difference in my muscle tone and those few extra pounds that would not shed away. I know now, it’s clear diet coke was the culprit that was changing my natural physical makeup.
What you need to know about this dangerous product:
- Diet soda contains carcinogens, DNA damaging colorings, and bone and tooth destroying acids
- Diet soda contains aspartame. 1) Aspartame is banned in several countries and recently Hawaii attempted to ban it. 2) Aspartame triggers hunger sensations in the brain and actually magnify sugar cravings causing you to gain weight. 3) It is especially dangerous for diabetic because it causes blood sugar levels to go out of control. As a result, diabetics can suffer from acute memory loss. It can also cause seizures, brain damage, uncontrollable anger, and panic attacks within people with this disease. However, non-diabetics are at risk from these same problems as well.
- Studies show that people who drink diet soda have a 34% higher risk of obesity, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure and diabetes than those who don’t drink the toxic beverage.
- Diet soda also contains formaldehyde, a toxin that is mainly used in the preservation of laboratory tissue specimens. 1) The poisoning symptoms of formaldehyde include problems with your eyes, throat, nose, respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts, convulsions, vertigo, and unconsciousness among other things. 2) This poisonous toxin also stores within the body’s fats cells adding to the obesity epidemic in the United States.
Going forward, when you look at diet soda, please look at it for what it is: a poisonous, addictive toxin that slowly destroys your body from the inside out. Your health and well-being are priceless and deserve to be treated with all the kindness and care in the world.
Take care of yourself and each other.
Joie Schmidt © Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved.
Dreams of the Heart – volume II is available:
———> Stay tuned . . . vol. II will soon be available on iTunes, iPod, iPhone, iPad and iBooks!
(*In memoriam of the tragedy in Japan all proceeds from – volume I – sales will go to the relief efforts until 3/11/12)
For more health articles:
- Honeydew Your Body Good
- Perfect Health: Deepak Chopra
- Bananas: The World’s Most Perfect Fruit
- B12 Shots: The Newest Energy Booster
- Healthy Lifestyle: Lose Weight, Feel Great!
- Emu Oil: Offers Extraordinary Benfits & Healing Properties
- Mung Bean Sprouts: A Crispy Refreshing Fat Free Treat
- Pineapple: Discover it’s Surprising Life Enhancing Benefits
- Activate Energy: Overflowing With Essential B-Vitamins and So Much More
- Nectarines and Peaches: Intriguingly Similar Yet Discover Why They’re Distinctly Different
Do you have a story, poem, artwork or photography you’d like to share and earn residual income? Please check out this site to earn limitless income for life: Triond