More hospitals are opting to computerize because of the obvious advantages of higher productivity and lower expenses. A hospital that wants to computerize should consider, among other things, which departments to automate. That being said, there are a few types of medical software that a hospital can use in various departments.
More hospitals are opting to computerize because of the obvious advantages of higher productivity and lower expenses. A hospital that wants to computerize should consider, among other things, which departments to automate. That being said, there are a few types of medical software that a hospital can use in various departments. They include:
1. Billing Medical software
This is software used by hospitals to ease the processing of payments and bills. This medical software keeps track of all patients, bills paid and owed, check-ins and releases. Authorized personnel will be able to see the hospital’s financial position at any one time. Some examples of this kind of billing software include:
· MediSoft – Popular billing software that handles billing, generates a wide variety of financial documents and notifies patients of unpaid bills.
· Eclipsys – This medical software connects billing info with a patient’s complete medical history. This makes it very easy for relevant personnel to know exactly what a patient is being billed for.
Other medical software used for billing include: CollaborateMD, Patient Information Management Solutions, Lytec and the like.
2. Educational medical software
This is medical software used by med students and trainees to simulate the various types of surgeries and treatments. There are very many sub-types of educational medical software depending on the profession. For instance, there is medical software for nurses, neurosurgeons, paramedics etc. Some of the educational medical software you are likely to come across include:
· Blood Gas Sampling software – It allows students to analyze various gases found in blood. It will also interpret the results and therefore help in the diagnosis.
· Cardiac software – This medical software helps students know how to use related equipment and when they should be used without having to use a real patient.
· Hemodynamics and Waveform Recognition – Teaches students about the waveforms produced by various parts of the heart.
All medical professions have software to aid in the learning process.
3. Therapeutic Medical Software
This software helps hospitals and clinics in their scheduling of any type of therapy offered. This means that delays and confusions popularly associated with manual planning will be absent. This medical software helps the hospital find ways to reduce expenses and increase revenue due to efficient planning. Therapeutic medical software is developed by therapists and computer experts that understand the various difficulties encountered in the field.
Also, there are other types of therapy medical software found in various instruments e.g. pacemakers that provide real time results during the therapy sessions.
That being said, a hospital can easily have customized medical software to suit its needs and budget levels.
4. Diagnosis medical software
This is software used in making accurate diagnoses. This medical software will combine lab findings, results from radiography, a patient’s medical history and results from all other software to help personnel come up with a diagnosis and therefore treatment. Diagnosis medical software also has databases from which it can cross reference results obtained with documented conditions. They help medical personnel identity diseases that they could have skipped.
In a nutshell, there is medical software for any part of the medical field, a hospital or clinic has just got to figure out which departments to computerize.