Everybody has had to deal with it in their life. Here are some natural, effective methods which gives quick relief.
Everybody has had to deal with a runny nose in their life. Having a runny nose and a cold would be very irritating and the harder you try, the longer time it seems to take to leave. Here are some natural, effective methods which will give you a quick relief.
1. Gentle Blowing: It is a tried and tested method and the most natural method of them all. It is often the only method of dealing with a running nose.
Tip: Putting excessive force into your nose blowing can tear at your sinuses and increase the pressure put on your sinus membranes, helping you to achieve the opposite of what blowing your nose is supposed to do.
2. A cup of herbal tea: A cup of green tea or any other herbal tea is said to have a good effect of bringing down the rate of nasal discharge. Green tea leaves contain antioxidants that can help to boost immune function. A recent study published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition showed that subjects taking a special preparation of green tea less bouts of colds and flu overall and fewer sick days. Their immune systems also produced more cells that fought off illness-causing bacteria and viruses.
Tip: Steep a green tea bag in 6 oz. of boiled water for 2 to 3 minutes to maximize the tea’s antioxidant action. Drink it 3 to 4 times a day.
3. Breathe through steam: Breathing through steam, unblocks any cold you have and relieves you of any nasal congestion. Steam can also remove allergens and mucus from the lungs. Breathe three times a day steam from a humidifier or lie in the bathroom tub and allow hot water to shower on you while in the steam. Adding a few drops of menthol, eucalyptus, or pine oil to the bath water (or vaporizer) may also help feel less congested. These oils are available at most natural food stores.
Tip: Boil water in a pan. Place it on a table and after adding the oils, cover yourself and the pan with a blanket. You may find it very difficult to breather, but 10 minutes of this treatment will definitely lower you cold and running nose.
4. Chew On Garlic: Garlic is rich in vitamin C and will boost your immune system. Garlic has powerful anti-viral, antibiotic and anti-fungal properties and boosts the immune system in general. It also tends to kill parasites in the intestines.
Tip: Chew on a piece of garlic or crush it and add it to the chicken soup. The negative of this method is the foul smell. This can be removed effectively by proper brushing and the use of a mouthwash.
5. Increase the liquid intake: Drink a lot of orange juice and water. This will replace the loss due to the runny nose. Also, orange juice has a lot of vitamin C and has an immune boosting effect.
A runny nose can really be distracting and cause great discomfort. It can affect your appetite and ruin your mood.
Treat it quickly and naturally !