In the case of rheumatism and painful inflamed joints, the oil obtained from the fruit is rubbed onto the painful parts. The same oil is also used as an anti-dandruff medicine, and in cases of falling hair. Rub the scalp with the oil to promote growth of hair.
(Persea americana) The Avocado is not a very well-known plant. It grows as high as 15 meters in nature, but in cultivation it is kept less than 10 meters. It is cultivated in tropical and subtropical countries. The fruit is large and pear or oval shaped. It has a thick skin which is purple or green in color.
Parts Used: The leaves, flowers, fruit and seeds
- Treatment of rheumatism and painful inflamed joints
- As an anti-dandruff medicine
- Checks falling of hair and promotes growth of hair
- Promotes the flow of urine
- For flatulence and griping pains of the stomach and bowels
- Promotes menstrual flow
- Checks internal swellings, bronchitis, diarrhea, kidney problems and cough
- Strengthens the gums
- Soothes headaches and pain of the facial nerves and relieves toothaches
How to Use
- In the case of rheumatism and painful inflamed joints, the oil obtained from the fruit is rubbed onto the painful parts. The same oil is also used as an anti-dandruff medicine, and in cases of falling hair. Rub the scalp with the oil to promote growth of hair.
- An infusion of the fresh leaves is used to promote the flow of urine, expel gases, check flatulence and pain from stomach and bowels, and strengthen the gums.
- A hot compress of the decoction of the leaves soothes headaches and pain of facial nerves.
- The flowers of the plant promote menstrual flow when taken as a tea.
- The roasted and ground seed is used in diarrhea and dysentery. The dose is two teaspoonfuls in a cup of lukewarm water. The same powder applied as a cataplasm helps to cure inflammations of the fingers or toes that are accompanied with the formation of pus. It can also be used in dental caries to relieve pain. In decoction, it is also used in gargles for toothache.
To know more on how to prepare and use herbs, visit How to Use Plant Material as Medicine
More Articles From Giftarist
Litchi Medicinal Uses
Raspberry Medicinal Uses
Grapefruit Medicinal Uses
Garden Mint Medicinal Uses
Litchi Medicinal Uses
Cashew Medicinal Uses
Watermelon Medicinal Uses
Custard Apple Medicinal Uses
Peanut Medicinal Uses
Mangosteen Medicinal Uses
Coffee Medicinal Uses
Publish an article and earn, click here
Earn through data entry jobs, click here
Earn by writing articles, click here
Earn by reading articles, click here