By bolive on August 21st, 2011
Branches of Pharmacology.
- Deals with how the body acts on the durg
- Involves the process of absorption, distribution, metabolism or biotransformation, excretion
- Includes the onset of drug action, half life, peak effect, duration of drug effects
- Deals with how the drugs affect the body
- Deals with the interaction between chemical components of the living system such as the human body
- Studies the biochemical and pgysiological effects of drug together with their mechanism of action
- Branch of Pharmacology which deals with the economic, biological and chemical aspect of natural drugs as well as their constituents.
- Deals with how drugs can be used in the treatment of medical problems
- Deals with the study if genetically determined reactions of drugs in the human body
- Study of the poisonous effects of various kinds of drugs
- Deals with the proper administration of drugs used to treat diseases.