The Litchi, which is believed to have originated in China, is an average size tree which belongs to the plant family Sapindaceae. The consumption of the fruit works as a heart, brain, and liver tonic.
(Litchi chinensis) The Litchi, which is believed to have originated in China, is an average size tree which belongs to the plant family Sapindaceae. The shiny, lanceolate leaves are arranged alternately on the branches and they are 3.8-15 cm. long. The flowers are about 2.5 mm. across, greenish in color and found in terminal panicles or loose clusters. The popular fruits are round or oval in shape and pink or red when ripe. The outer pericarp is thin and dry with one large brown seed enclosed in a fleshy, succulent, sweet and edible aril.
Parts Used: The root, bark, flowers, and fruits
- Heart, brain and liver tonic
- Intestinal problems
- Throat problems
- Reduces general body pain and neuralgic disorders
How to Use
- The consumption of the fruit works as a heart, brain, and liver tonic.
- The ground kernel of the seed is administered for intestinal problems. The decoction of the root, bark and flowers are used as a gargle for throat problems.
- The decoction of the seeds helps reduce general body pain and neuralgic disorders.
Active Principles: Protein, carbohydrates, vitamins B1, B2, B6, C, E, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium iron, potassium
To know more on how to prepare and use herbs, visit How to Use Plant Material as Medicine
More Articles From Giftarist
Grapes Medicinal Uses
Raspberry Medicinal Uses
Grapefruit Medicinal Uses
Garden Mint Medicinal Uses
Litchi Medicinal Uses
Rose Apple Medicinal Uses
Cashew Medicinal Uses
Avocado Medicinal Uses
Strawberry Medicinal Uses
Publish an article and earn, click here
Earn through data entry jobs, click here
Earn by writing articles, click here
Earn by reading articles, click here