Railways have their own family planning and family welfare centers to look after the health of mothers and children.
India railways have a network of 122 hospital and 670 units. These have 13,795 indoor beds. Annual expenditure is rupees 236 crores. More than 2,500 experienced doctor with special station man the hospitals and health units. There are specialized hospitals for cancer at Varanasi, for heart diseases at Madras, for orthopedics at Calcutta, for plastic surgery at Mumbai for gastroenterology at Mumbai and for IOL Facility Delhi/ Calcutta. Specialists are invited to railway Hospitals. Employees are also referred to Medical collages and specialized treatment centers and re-imbursement of their medical expenses in made. Railways have their own family planning and family welfare centers to look after the health of mothers and children.
Who are entitled for the fee medical treatment in railway hospitals?
1) all railway employees
2) families of all railway employees
3) employed spouse of railway servants
4) Step –children over 21 years residing with and wholly dependent on railway employees.
5) Act apprentice who come within `family’ of employees
6) Staff of institutes, clubs, statutory canteens
7) Servants of railway employees-only outdoor treatment, causal labors, licensed porters, staff of co-operatives. Canteens.
8) Contractors labor if no hospital exists (contractor will pay for it)