Seven simple to do excercises that will decrease stress levels, make you feel better and insure a better weekend and week to come.
Being at work five days a week can get the human body and mind so tensed up and tired, sometimes we just feel like crawling into bed, shutting ourselves out and away from the rest of the world and not coming out until Monday morning. There is good news, however. A person can de stress with a few quite simple to do exercises and feel rejuvenated in just a few minutes. After de stressing occurs, the better solution would be to go out and enjoy the weekend rather than crawling into bed all weekend. The following are simple de stressing exercises for a better you on the weekend; they shouldn’t take any longer than 20 minutes to complete:
- While sitting in a chair after work, close your eyes and take 10 slow deep breaths. Inhale long and deep, and then exhale long and deep 10 times.
- Then rotate your head in a circular motion while still sitting straight up in a chair. Rotate your head clockwise 10 times very slowly with your eyes closed, then reverse the direction to counter clockwise and rotate your head 10 times slowly, and then stop.
- Now the shoulder rotation. Still sitting straight up in a chair, slowly rotate both shoulders forward 10 times, then to the back 10 times, and then stop.
- Remain seated, now clinch your fists, suck in your belly and flex all the muscles from the waist up and hold it for 5 seconds. Do this 10 times, in 5 second intervals. Be sure to keep breathing while flexing the muscles to insure proper oxygen and blood flow.
- After a brief pause, stand up in the upright position, place your hands on your hips and slowly rotate the hips clockwise 10 times. Then do the same in the opposite direction.
- While still standing in the upright position, flex the buttocks muscles by clinching them very tightly and hold it for 5 seconds. Perform these 10 times, in 5 second intervals.
- Now, while still standing in the upright position or sitting which ever you prefer, curl your toes under and clinch them tightly and hold for 5 seconds. Perform these 10 times, in 5 second intervals.
- And lastly, reverse the order and work back up starting with the flexing of the buttocks and ending with taking 10 very deep breaths.
Ah, much better. Seven times two very easy total de stressing exercises most anyone can do; try them now and make them part of your weekly routine, you’ll feel much better for it!