Some people eat less but are more energetic. The secret is in the foods they consume. If you are looking for some power foods then read this article to discover ten best healthy and energy-boosting foods.
When it comes to eating energy foods, the best strategy is to eat small meals of energy-boosting foods throughout the day rather than infrequently eating of huge meals. It is important to know that energy foods are not only about calorie counting. Energy foods should be rich of micronutrients, which are essential to keep the body healthy and the brain functional.
Following are the ten super-charged foods that give a lot of benefits to your health.
10 best foods for energy:
- Oatmeal: Don’t forget the oatmeal ever! Start your day with oatmeal. This is an excellent healthy food that not only makes digestion easier but also stabilizes blood glucose level (because of its complex carbohydrates and fibre content). Fiber content in the oatmeal helps you to get a steady stream of energy. Oats also contain Vitamin B which helps transform carbohydrates into usable energy.
- Peanut Butter: Peanut butter is an excellent source of protein and good source of fiber. The soluble fiber in peanut butter prevents dietary fat and helps to control blood glucose. Peanut butter also rich with the amino acid arginine that helps to relax blood vessels and better blood pressure control.
- Avocado: Like peanut butter, avocado is also rich with unsaturated fats. It also contains other nutrients such as Vitamin B6, Vitamin C and folate. Avocado is also good for heart as it reduces the chances of heart attack. Avocadoes are very good for the skin as well. Check out best foods for your skin!
- Blue Berries: Blueberries are high in manganese, fiber and Vitamin K. All these are great to reduce blood cholesterol level and improve condition of the heart. Blueberries are the number one antioxidants fruit. Antioxidants help to get rid of free radicals and balance the protein level.
- Citrus Fruits: Vitamin C is extremely important for gaining energy. Also, the minerals and dietary fibre that present in the citrus fruits are necessary for the growth of the body. Besides these, citrus fruits contain fructose, glucose and sucrose and citric acid. Oranges, grapefruit and lemon are the best citrus fruits for good health.
- Watermelon: A refreshing fruit- contains fatigue fighters like, Vitamin C, lycopene, iron, and potassium. Great source of water that keeps you hydrated for a long time.
- Yogurt: A highly nutritious food which contains Vitamins B2, B5 and B12. Plus, a great source of protein, calcium, zinc, phosphorous, iodine. Yogurt is a very good health food.
- Apples: Another great fruit, rich with Vitamin C and many antioxidant compounds. Apples are fantastic health food and benefit us in many ways. Another fruit that is good for energy boosting is banana. Rich with carbohydrate and potassium- it’s a great energizing snack.
- Sardines: A lean protein food- contains an amino acid called tyrosine. This helps to improve mental function. Besides sardines, salmon (rich with omega 3 fatty acids) is also very good for health.
- Spinach: Good source of Vitamin B and folic acid. It’s a high energy food along with sprouts, broccoli, and asparagus. Sweet potatoes are also very energy-boosting. Rich with copper, dietary fibre, iron, potassium, manganese. But that’s not all sweet potatoes are also good sources of Vitamin A, B6 and C. An excellent energy food rich with a lot of valuable nutrients.
Figs, beans, lentils etc. are also good energy-boosting foods. And don’t forget the coffee but in moderation.