These 10 foods have star ability to help your health. These foods combine exceptional nutritional value with the bonus of special properties that can help combat many common and major diseases.
Elegant and delicious, these vegetables have been eaten since the Roman times and helps with digestion since 16th century. Artichokes are helpful for the liver, kidneys, and gallbladder. They are not botanically related to the Jerusalem Artichoke.
- Artichokes are eaten to help with digestion, the liver, and the gallbladder. They increase bile production, and relieve liver or gallbladder-related discomfort.
- These vegetables can reduce fat and cholesterol levels by eating them alone
- They can also increase the flow of urine and relieve fluid retention
- Artichokes contain insulin, a necessary hormone for digestion, so it is highly recommended to diabetics. They may also limit the rise of sugar levels in the blood after eating.
- You can eat large or small artichokes, raw or lightly cooked, when there is any opportunity for them. Canned or bottled baby artichokes and heart artichokes are good alternatives.
Broccoli has a buttery and tender tasting that prevents cancer and increases health. As part of the cabbage family, broccoli is rich in many nutrients and also contains chemicals that helps to prevent cancer.
- People who eat broccoli daily have a lower risk of attaining lung cancer. People who eat more cruciferous vegetables, just like the broccoli, will have a lower chance of colon cancer.
- Since broccoli has high amounts of antioxidants, broccoli can decrease heart disease, stroke, cataracts, a cancer of the retina, and cancer
- Folic acid prevents a baby from having spina bifida, mainly found in purple sprouting broccoli. The iron found in broccoli, and folic acid, can either correct or prevent anemia.
- It has very high amounts of B vitamins, calcium, iron, and zinc
- Purple sprouting and green broccoli contain more calcium and folic acid than other varieties of broccoli. About 1-3 6 oz. (170g) servings of broccoli a week lowers the risk of cancer.
Carrots are the richest common source of beta-carotene, which gives the vegetables their orange color. They are useful for the body to convert vitamin A. They also have many other health benefits.
- People who eat carrots regularly, even smokers, are far less likely to suffer from lung cancer. Carrots have high amounts of beta-carotene, but the pills do not have the same results as the vegetable has.
- Carrots can reduce the cancers of bladder, cervix, colon, prostate, larynx, and esophagus by 50%, and 20% less risk of breast cancer
- If you eat 7 oz. (200g) of raw carrots a day for three weeks, then your cholesterol levels will be reduced by 11%. If you stop eating carrots, then the cholesterol levels will rise again.
Lettuce and Salad Greens
There are more than one hundred types of lettuce and salad greens. Although many people consider them as only being water, the leafy salad greens contain nutritious amounts of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They have an important advantage, because they are almost always edible when raw.