By jharmon on January 25th, 2010
Whether you like to use apple vinegar, white vinegar or another form, this amazing liquid offers plenty of health benefits.
- Hair: Organic apple cider vinegar is good for making your hair shine, and it helps to fight dandruff, too. You want the organic version because most mass-produced apple cider vinegars have been overly processed, thus destroying many of the vitamins and such that add the helpful benefits.
- Warts: Warts are killed with salicylic acids, often found in over-the-counter wart removers. White vinegar contains acetic acid, which works much the same as salicylic acids. So, if you suffer from warts, dab on a healthy does of white vinegar. You might have to do this more than once.
- Blood pressure: Apple cider vinegar has a lot of potassium, which helps to thin the blood, thus also lowering your blood pressure. A drink or two of apple cider vinegar can help to control your blood pressure.
- Cholesterol:Apple cider vinegar also has lots of fiber, which helps to absorb cholesterol and fats in your body and expels them naturally as waste.
- Arthritis: Most cases of true arthritis are caused by acid crystals that build up in the joints. Mix some apple cider vinegar with honey, slightly warmed, and drink to help dissolve these crystals. Unfortunately this is not a cure, and the crystals will reform. But at least the vinegar and honey can help a little with the pain.
- Mouth troubles: Gargle some slightly warm water with apple cider vinegar to fight bacteria, infections and bad breath. Go about half and half on the water and vinegar. Also good for sore throats.
- Watching your weight: Red wine vinegar has no sodium, no fat, no cholesterol and best of all, no calories. Which makes it an ideal topping for salads, or even as a meat marinade or sandwich dressing substitute, for those of us who need to watch what we eat.
- Antioxidant: Balsamic vinegar is made from grapes, which means it contains many of the same compounds in wine and grape juice that help the body’s immune system to fight cell damage and heart disease, cancer and more.
- Sunburn: Stay out in the sun too long? Now your skin is red, dry and painful. Pour or dab on some vinegar to help ease the pain.
- Diabetes: Many who suffer from type 2 diabetes and are insulin resistant have reported using vinegar to increase their insulin sensitivity. Always make sure to check with your physician before trying this.
Other health links