The introduction of Mustard seeds to the human civilization dates its history back to around 5000 years from now. These seeds have been widely used for their wide array of advantages owing to being low in calories. Apart from this, they offer huge nutritional benefits and are endowed in anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties.
You can find mustard seeds in various forms and varieties, e.g. there is this brown Indian mustard, which can be used in whole and powdered form, along with the usage of black mustard and white mustard.
Mustard seeds are widely used in Indian cooking for adding the flavor and that special taste to any recipe. Below are some of the amazing benefits, mustard can provide:
- Mustard oil works excellently for the skin nourishment as it generates warmth, when applied to the skin.
- Mustard seeds are quite rich in a nutrient called selenium, which is known for its high anti-inflammatory effects.
- Mustard is also abundantly rich in magnesium, which can facilitate in reducing the severity of Asthma attacks and some particular symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. In addition to this, mustard can work well in lowering the blood pressure.
- Mustard seeds can also be well used to get relief from migraine pain.
- Including mustard seeds in your diet can provide your body all the nutrients like calcium, omega 3 fatty acids, zinc, iron, manganese, proteins and dietary fiber as mustard seeds are excellent source of these nutrients.
- Mustard can prove really beneficial to the people suffering from appetite problems. Just mix a few black mustard seeds with milk and have it 15 to 20 minutes before your meal.
- Mustard seeds enhance the metabolism rate of your body; hence they are excellent for digestion.
- Mustard seeds can come to aid the menopausal women too, who have trouble in sleeping properly.
So, there you see, mustard can be extremely advantageous and helpful to you, once you include it in your diet. Just be careful to take it in proper quantities. A teaspoon full of mustard seeds or powdered form can always be used in your cooking recipes appropriately.
Learn more about health benefits, latest findings, news and other tips related to health, diet and fitness here.