If your cholesterol tends to very high, it is possible to reduce your cholesterol naturally without taking statin drugs and other prescription medications.
1. Grapes- Drink a glass of organic grape juice daily or the natural grape juice, without splenda, sucralose or any other artificial sweeteners. You can also take grapeseed extract, which can be found at your local health food store. Also, consume lots of grapes.
2. Use cinnamon daily, either ground cinnamon with glass of water or pour ground cinnamon in your oatmeal or pancakes. There is also cinnamon tea, which works very effectively as well.
3. Exercise reduces cholesterol- go on a treadmill, join a gym, walk, take the stairs instead of elevator. Remember to exercise at least three times a weekly for 30 minutes. You will feel great, lower cholesterol and even lose weight.
4. Oats can reduce cholesterol. Eat anything with oats, such as oatmeal, barley oats, oat bread and homemade oatmeal muffins, oatmeal cookies.
5. Consume fish regularly like trout, mackerel, salmon and sardines. It has shown that to reduce cholesterol.
6. Make fresh fruit and vegetable juices from your juicer or blender.
7. Change your eating habits- Cut down on processed foods, fast food foods, eating frozen dinners regularly, red meat , potato chips and other fatty foods. Eat more vegetables, salads, fruits and healthy snacks.
8. Flaxseed oil helps lower total and LDL cholesterol levels.
9. Don’t smoke- smoking actually increases high cholesterol.