It’s not a healthy choice to skip breakfast even if you are trying on losing weight. Find out why!
Some people skip their breakfast as a strategy to lose weight. Not a smart choice! In fact, your body really needs it because breakfast is very essential for your health. Just like a machine, your body needs to be refueled and it begins with breakfast. Here are the reasons why you should not skip your breakfast:
Image via Wikipedia
1. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. After sleeping all night, you have to refuel your body to stay fit. Not only your body, but also your brain needs nutrition to work properly. When you skip your breakfast, you tend to become tired, sleepy and cannot concentrate well because of lacking some energy.
2. Breakfast is actually good for those of you who want to lose weight. Many studies prove that people who eat breakfast regularly are more likely to have good healthy weight. Also, skipping breakfast will make you eat lunch more than you usually do. It is easier to control your appetite when you’re not too hungry. Additionally, eating breakfast raises your 10% of your metabolism.
3. Besides adding more energy, breakfast will help to restore your sugar level when you’re not eating for about twelve hours. It can also give long term effect of preventing high blood pressure, diabetes and even obesity!
4. Many people do not eat sufficient important nutrients like vitamins and minerals needed daily e.g. calcium, protein, carbohydrate, vitamin B etc. Skipping breakfast only ensures that you won’t get enough of those important nutrients.
5. Always encourage your children to have breakfast and make into habit. Skipping it will make them think that it is not important. Breakfast will help them increase their learning ability and memory function. Studies have shown that children who have breakfast have better grade than those who don’t.
So, still want to skip your breakfast?