If you’re wondering whether you should lose weight or not, then this article could be good for you to read through.
If you’re thinking about whether you should lose weight or not, then you might be looking for some encouragement or some information about why losing weight could be beneficial to you. The very fact that you’ve come to this article is a good start, as it shows that you’re at least interested and curious, so this is the first step. This article should give you some idea of what the benefits of losing weight are, and how it might change your life for the better. There are several reasons here, some to do with health and some to do with body image. Although they might not all seem important to you, you should find that there at least a couple of things that you could identify with.
- Losing weight could give you more confidence. If you’re always worrying about your weight, and not liking the way that you look, then it stands to reason that losing the excess weight would be of benefit for you. Luckily, your weight is something that you can have control over to some extent, so if this is the only reason that you’re feeling insecure then you could lose weight and feel a lot better about yourself.
- You may be more attractive. When you lose weight, you usually become healthier in other respects as well. This means that not only is your figure going to improve, but your skin will be brighter and your hair will be healthier, in addition to your nails being stronger and, hopefully, your posture will have improved so that you carry yourself much more confidently.
- You could lower your risk of depression. It has been proven that if you’re overweight, you’re much more likely to suffer from depression than if you’re a normal weight. This means that losing weight could mean that you’re less likely to become depressed, and this means that you might be able to avoid one of the illnesses that can cause the most distress in the lives of individuals.
- Clothes shopping would be a lot easier. If you’re one of those people who have never known anything other than being in plus sizes, the being a “normal” size might be something that you’ve only ever dreamed of. But, the great thing is that if you lose weight you would be able to get into some of these sizes, meaning that you could then go to the shops that you always thought you would never be able to get to, and therefore find it a lot easier to buy clothes which you like and clothes that flatter your figure.
- Lower your risk of cancer. As you’re probably aware, “lifestyle” cancers have become more and more common over the past few years, which is a bad thing because at the end of the day, people can do things which would prevent them. Being overweight is one of the key causes for lifestyle cancers, and every pound that you lose makes you less likely to develop it. Being overweight can also make you more likely to develop other cancers, and this means that the benefits of losing weight from this respect are clear.
- Lower the risk of Type Two Diabetes. In the past, this was a disease that was age related, and children would not suffer from it. In fact, it would only usually become an issue when an individual was nearer to the age of 50. Now, we are getting children who are developing this, and it is because they are overweight. If you already have the disease, then you will be glad to know that your condition can be improved by losing weight, and some people have found that they can go from needing a lot of medication to just being able to control their disease using their diet and regular exercise. If you don’t have it, then you should try to avoid it before it becomes an issue, as Diabetes can affect your eyesight, fertility and overall fitness.
- Increase your fertility levels. Although a lot of people don’t find out about this until they’re trying for a family, being overweight can affect how fertile you are. In addition to this, if you are a female and you do become pregnant, you have a much higher chance of having a healthy pregnancy if you are a “normal” weight. This is usually fantastic motivation for a lot of women to lose weight, and men should bare in mind that they will be more fertile as well if they are healthier. This can be one of the wake up calls that women in their 30s go through, when they realise that they lifestyle that they’ve been leading can affect their chances of starting a family.
- Reduce your risk of high blood pressure, stroke and heart attack. These three things kill a lot of people every single year. It stands to reason that we should be trying to do things which would decrease our chances of suffering from these things, as it means that we would be able to live a longer and healthier life. Losing weight might give you the chance to do this, and this is a great reason to take action.
Hopefully, this article will help you to think about some of the benefits of losing weight and, if you’re not already motivated enough, you should be able to get some vital motivation. Everyone has different reasons for wanting to lose weight, and fingers crossed your reason will be important enough to you as a person to mean that you will be able to be successful in your weight loss journey.