Walking and weight loss.
Walking and weight loss
Walking – the simplest form of fitness for everyone. It requires no special training and the presence of a coach. Walking helps to become leaner and strengthens the cardiovascular system. Scientifically proven – the daily 30-minute walking tour extend the life of an average of 2 years!
A few years ago in Europe and the U.S., a new direction – walking with a special instrument – a pedometer. Walking with a pedometer can be practiced along the way by shopping at the store, talking on the phone at home, walking through the city, visiting the exhibition, going on nature, etc. The main task here – to do a certain number of steps per day, depending on whether you put a goal to strengthen their health or lose weight.
The program “Ten thousand steps a day”
The genetic nature was laid, that man daily calories (energy) more than it receives. The many benefits of modern civilization have deprived us of the pleasure of movement. According to experts, a resident of the modern city makes the entire 1500 – 3000 steps a day. This means that the average step length 0,8 m it is 1,2 – 2,4 km. This is a very small distance “save” energy and “helping” to increase body fat.
In connection with the global problem of obesity, scientists around the world are studying the effectiveness of walking for people who are overweight. Experts have concluded: By simply increasing your average number of steps per day for 2000, your weight, as a minimum, be maintained at current level. Recent studies in this area expanded understanding of the issue: 8000 – 10000 steps a day in combination with the correct, balanced diet help to reduce weight. Based on this research program was developed “10,000 steps a day.”
Walking helps burn fat
The first rule – for weight loss energy consumption should not exceed its consumption. During the first 45 minutes’ walk you’ll burn calories, which is the source of glycogen muscle. On the 46 th minute of the body moves to burn fat deposits. Walking helps to improve metabolism in conjunction with proper nutrition. If your diet is balanced, in the process of walking you start to burn the accumulated fat before, and increasingly, as the body compensates for the lack of glycogen from fat deposits, rather than calories from food. The higher rate of walking, the more calories you burn. However, beginners must first focus on increasing the number of steps (distance) and time walk, and then proceed to pick up the pace
How to start reducing weight by Walking
If you decided to start walking to lose weight, your goal – to gradually increase the number of steps per day to 10 000. To do this every week, covered a distance should be increased to 500 steps. For example, if the day you make an average of 3000 steps to your goal by the end of the first week to bring the daily number of steps to 3500, the purpose of the second week – 4000 steps a day, etc. By the end of the 14 th week, you will reach the target – 10,000 steps a day.
To reduce weight, experts recommend walking do 4-5 days a week, dedicating it to 30-60 minutes a day. This can be a pleasant walk in the park or walk passed several bus stops on the way to work and back. If you find it hard to add 500 steps a week – set comfortable for you to aim and time: Start with 10 minutes a day and add to the daily distance of 100 steps per week. Move to the number “10000″ at your own pace. Remember – the most productive work on her figure – one that is fun
When you reach 10,000 steps a day – do not stop, keep going. Make walking their good habit. Over time, you can go from normal walking to sports.
Use a pedometer!
Pedometer is your coach! It motivates you to do more steps during the day, and every evening summarize your diligence.
Monitor the number of daily steps!
Each day during the week, as soon as you wake up, get a pedometer and carry it with you all day. Before going to bed write down in a notebook covered per day, number of steps. At the end of the week, count your average number of steps per day. You’ll be surprised at how few (or many) steps you are doing and what the distance to walk!
Good walking = effective weight loss
Although the skill of walking, we also borrowed in early childhood, for our purposes it is necessary to learn to walk again. Here are our recommendations on walking for health and weight control.
1. The first 5 minutes walk to the quiet pace, including 30 seconds – on the heels.
2. Then do the stretching exercises and flexibility
3. The following 30-60 minute walk in a vigorous pace for you
4. In the last 5 minutes, go to a quiet step
5. Finish stretching exercises.
A few simple tips
1. Speed should be comfortable for you. A simple guideline: when walking, you should be able to maintain a full conversation without gasping for breath, for 30-45 minutes. So take a friend with you – have a blast.
2. Always start the movement with a 5-minute walking distance. It gives your muscles to “wake up” and the body adjusts to the upcoming long-term activity. Without such a signal, the body aims to burn only glycogen.
3. From the beginning, learn to walk properly: keep your head and back straight, do not slouch, do not look at his feet. Arms bent at the elbow at 90 °, do not press them to the body. Professional walkers are advised to submit that your foot is a ball that rolls along the ground from the heel to wear.
4. Monitor your pulse. The range of pulse rate, optimum for your age, calculated by the formula: the upper limit rate = 220 – age – 50, the lower bound rate = 220 – age – 55. For example, 220-30 = 190 years old, 190-50 = 140.190 – 55 = 135.135-140-band pulse rate, optimum while walking at the age of 30 years.
5. Enrich diet adaptogens and vitamins. Adaptogens – biologically active substances which have the property to raise the body’s ability to adapt to stress. For example, adaptogens contains Chinese magnolia (shizandra).
6. Drink water for 10 minutes to walk every 20 minutes during the walk and immediately after the walk.