These are the major causes of bleeding from the vagina after engaging in a sexual intercourse.
Causes of Vaginal Bleeding After Sex
Vaginal bleeding after sex is a serious problem that some women have to deal with every time they engage in sexual intercourse.
Here are the top likely causes of vaginal bleeding after sex:
· Chlamydia – this is an infection that comes as a result of bacteria. Chlamydia is mostly contracted during sexual intercourse when there is a direct contact with vaginal fluid from a woman partner or semen from a male partner, or even blood.
· Gonorrhea can also cause vaginal bleeding after sex. Gonorrhea as we might all be aware is a sexually transmitted disease. Gonorrhea is also caused by bacteria.
· Vaginal yeast infection – This yeast infection of the vagina comes about when there is an overgrowth of the normal fungi that dwells in the vaginal area. Some of the symptoms of a vaginal yeast infection may include an odorless white and cheese-like discharge, itching of that area and even burning sensations.
· Vaginitis or Cervicitis – this also is a huge contributor to most women’s bleeding after sex. Vaginitis or Cervicitis is an infection of the vagina or cervix and either makes them swell or inflamed.
· Another major cause of vaginal bleeding after sex is called Cervical Dysplasia – which is the changes that occur in the epithelial cells that line the cervix. Women who are at a high risk of this are women who had sex before the age of 18, women with a past history of sexually transmitted diseases, or women with multiple sexual partners. Cervical dysplasia is usually treated through cryosurgery.
· Another cause of post-coital bleeding is as a result of a condition known as Uterine Polyps – which occurs when there is an overgrowth of the endometerium that causes protrusions into the uterus. Women with this problem will frequently experience bleeding in between periods, bleeding after menopause and of course vaginal bleeding after sex.
Remember that it is very important for women who frequently experience bleeding just after engaging in sex to see their doctor instantly.