There are countless of benefits of brisk walking that may prove to be beneficial in the long run. Sadly, not everyone capable of doing this would choose to engage in a simple exercise that will reap lots of advantages.
Jogging pants? Check. Cotton shirt and sweater? Check. Rubber shoes? Check. Water canister? Triple check. Just one more thing: Sweep your locks and tame them in a ponytail, and off you go to the park to reap the wonderful benefits of brisk walking.
What drives more and more people this summer to engage in a continual walking routine? Aside from dropping off pounds and sculpting your body, there are countless of other benefits of brisk walking that may be invisible to the eye.
What are these?
Here are five of those advantages that you’ll gain:
(1) A reduction in possible death risks caused by certain ailments and diseases brought about by having too much weight in the body.
(2) A lower or normal blood pressure level. If you’re carrying much weight, the heart will have to work double time to pump more blood for a larger area.
(3) Possible reduction of the risks of developing hypertension.
(4) Prevents the onset of cardiovascular disease.
(5) A lower cholesterol level. When you drop pounds, and manage to keep it off for a t least 2 months, your good cholesterol or HDL (which rids your arteries of fats) goes up.
Great benefits of brisk walking, huh? You bet. However, you may want to check with your doctor before you engage in this activity to ensure that you’re ready to hit the road and gain these advantages.