Spa treatments are expensive, as are skin products. Chemicals can burn, sting, and will sometimes do the opposite of what they’re supposed to when you have certain skin needs. Here is a facial mask that works for most skin types, and will leave you with fresh, soft and clear skin. If you have questions or concerns due to unusual skin conditions or developing areas, consult your dermatologist before trying these masks.
Honey and olive oil are two ingredients that have been used by civilizations for thousands of years as healing agents and skin clarifying substances. Although there is an association of clogged pores and bad acne that stems from the use of oil, this couldn’t be further from the truth. Olive oil is amazing for the skin, and has been used by actors and actresses in Europe for centuries, who were renowned for their clear and supple skin.
If you don’t have honey, or don’t have olive oil, you can use just one of these ingredients as a stand alone mask, although the best results come from using them both for this mask. If you prefer a quicker approach, however, spread honey across your face after slightly dampening it, and after 15 minutes, rinse with warm water, pat dry with a soft towel, and enjoy softer, cleaner skin, and less clogged pores. Same process goes for the olive oil, but you should only use a dime sized amount on a cotton pad, and wipe your face with it for cleansing and hydrating.
- Put a tablespoon of olive oil and a table spoon of honey into a microwaveable receptacle (any bowl should be fine, as long as it’s not metal).
- Mix well for about one minute, allowing small little olive oil bubbles to sit in the honey.
- Microwave for anywhere from 10 to 30 seconds, depending on the strength and efficiency of your microwave.
- Take an olive oil brush that has been thoroughly cleaned since its last use, and spread the warm mask over your entire face, covering it with a warm and hydrating feeling.
- When the honey cools down completely, usually within 20-30 minutes, rinse the mask off, and pat dry with a soft towel. Make sure you wash well, (this may take a little while), as there will be a slightly oily consistency to your face for about half and hour, but this should wear off after a while and should leave your skin feeling refreshed and hydrated.
This mask is super moisturizing and hydrating, so be sure to put plenty on for dry skin patches and flaky areas. It will cleanse blemishes, reduce dirt and oil residues, and make skin more even, and very soft and supple. Apply this mask every 1-2 weeks, depending on your skin’s current condition and continued needs!
Good luck everyone! Enjoy this all-natural, chemical free and highly effective facial mask!